Child Care Services is not currently enrolling children.
Enrollment is currently closed for Child Care Services. However, if you meet basic eligibility requirements (see below), we encourage you to apply to get on the waiting list. CCS will notify all parents enrolled or on the waiting list by text message when enrollment opens.
Essential Worker applications are also no longer being accepted, The Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) is phasing out the emergency program to subsidize childcare for Texas’ essential workers. TWC made this move after Gov. Greg Abbott announced that child care providers could re-open statewide. Essential workers who are already on the subsidized plan will continue to receive child care for the three month period they were initially approved for under this program.
After the approved three months, parents can (1) begin to pay the full cost of child care or (2) apply for Workforce Solutions for the Heart of Texas’ regular subsidized child care program.
NOTE: Applicants must meet the basic eligibility requirements listed below to be added to the waitlist.
Basic Eligibility Requirements for Child Care Assistance
You may be eligible for financial assistance for child care if you meet any of the conditions listed below. Applications of individuals who do not meet the basic eligibility requirements listed below will not be processed. If you have recently applied for or are currently enrolled in the Choices or TANF program, you must call Bobbie Williams of Workforce Solutions at 254-296-5219 or toll–free 1-866-982-9226 before you apply.
1. You live in Bosque, Falls, Freestone, Hill, Limestone or McLennan County. If you do not live in one of these counties, click here to find your local Workforce Solutions center.
2. You are the parent/guardian of at least one child under the age of 13 who needs child care.
3. You are a single parent and you:
- work at least 25 hours per week OR
- go to school full-time OR (use logic to add “To qualify as a college student, you must be taking 9 semester credit hours)
- work and go to school combined for at least 25 hours per week
4. You live in a two-parent household and you and your spouse:
- work at least 50 hours per week combined OR
- go to school full-time OR (use logic to add “To qualify as a college student, you must be taking 9 semester credit hour)
- work and go to school combined for at least 50 hours per week
5. Your household meets the income guidelines for your family size (See the chart below for Income Eligibility Guidelines)